Sunday, March 9, 2014

Weekend Before Breast Augmentation

RELAX, RELATE, RELEASE, and BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be at this point.  All weekend I have been super busy trying to get everything in order for my babysitter that will be staying with us all week to care for the kids and dog.  I have also been trying to prepare for post op healing.  I spent my weekend pretty much doing all our laundry so that I won't have it to do post op. I finally was done with laundry Sunday night.  I also cleaned my entire house from top to bottom.  I feel like I wont be able to thoroughly clean my house for awhile, and if you know me, you know that I am a neat freak!  I made sure to go grocery shopping and stocked my house with a lot of fruits and vegetables that would be best for healing, foods for my babysitter that she would like, quick foods and snacks for the kids, and easy foods for me to be able to take with meds such as yogurt.  I also did a little meal prepping and made some foods to have for all of us to eat on, I made a huge salad, and cut up a lot of fruits to easily be able to grab when needed.

Foods that I researched to have on hand to promote healing were clean foods and foods that are high in Vitamin C.  A friend of mine told me to make sure that I have good sources of protein as well.

Avocados
Pineapple
Berries
Mango
Kiwi
Oranges
Apples
Tomatoes
Banana
Spinach
Coconut Water
Pomegranate Juice
Water
Protein Bars
Hummus
Baby Carrots
Lettuce
Boiled Eggs
Oatmeal
Ginger Ale
Grilled Salmon
Grilled Chicken
Grilled Asparagus

I'm sure I left some things out, but you get the idea.  Clean Eating! I want to put clean foods in my body to give it the best chances at healing.

Despite cleaning and doing laundry night and day, I took the kiddos to Walmart to do a little shopping and we had a great dinner together at Qudoba!  I have been trying to get a lot of cuddles in with them because it will be awhile before they can really be near me without me flinching or thinking it will hurt.  

I forgot to mention that I woke up Sunday morning thinking it was Monday.  I was thinking, "OMG I have surgery tomorrow!".  It will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow.  I am hoping to not be nervous and freaking myself out! I will keep my eyes on the final prize! Tata until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment