Sunday, March 9, 2014

Items for Surgery and Healing

As I mentioned in my previous blog I am boob obsessed! In fact I think I have been obsessed with boobs all my life! You can ask any of my close family members and friends that I constantly ask if they will give me their boobs.  In being obsessed, I have done a ton of research.  I could probably write my own book on this topic.  Anyhoo, I have looked up all the items I think I will need for my surgery and to make things easier and more comfortable for me after surgery.  

Let's start with one thing...or a few things that I won't be needing....a million 34A super padded bras!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all of these!

Now on to what I will need!


My sisterger made the comment that she is so excited because now I can be like all the Real Housewives of (Insert City) in having my boob job.  To complete the look I just had to get a zip up hoodie outfit to wear to my surgery.  It is only fitting that it comes from Victoria's Secret!


I picked these up 2 weeks ago for just a few bucks at the Commissary.  I started taking them every morning so that they can be in my system good for after surgery.  Vitamin C helps to support the immune system.  I will be taking these maybe a few weeks/months post-op as well.  I want to give my body the best chance of healing greatly!


After my pre-op appt I went to Wal-mart to get a few more items.  I picked up some gel ice packs to help with bruising and swelling post-op.  The antibacterial soap is to clean my body with pre and post op to make sure that my incisions stay clean.  I also got one more front closure sports bra for $9.99.  This one I got in a 34 and it has clamps instead of a zipper.  I will put this bra with the other two for my PS to decide which one will fit the best.  Even if this bra is not put on me after the surgery, I think it will still be very comfortable and helpful in case the zipper bras irritate me.


I found these super cute pj's at Wal-mart as well.  The Mickey Mouse bottoms were $7.99 and the tank top was $3.88.  I am hoping that I will be able to wear a tank top within my week of recovery.  I really wanted to have cute pj's to lounge around the house in!


Yesterday I got this bed table tray from Bed Bath and Beyond for $14.99.  I originally ordered a really nice one that matches my bedroom furniture from Amazon, but it came unassembled and was not like the product I ordered, so I sent it back.  I figured this simple table will do for now.  I just wanted to have something to of course put my laptop (and food on) while I continue to write this blog to document my journey through recovery.


I got a body pillow and cover from Target both for $9.99 each.  I read that at least for the first week I would need to sleep propped up, so I wanted to have as many comfy pillows as possible surrounding me on my bed.


I was instructed to bring my own front closure sports bra to the surgery.  My Mom is a hair stylist at a department store called Belk's, so I asked her to look for the bras there for me.  I saw a lot of videos where girls had a difficult time finding the bras and said that they were easier to find in department stores.  I had looked myself at a few local places but the bras came in cup sizes and I won't know my cup size for awhile.  My Mom picked me up a Large and a Medium bra so that I could take both in and the PS could determine which one will fit.  Both bras were on sale and came up to be $30 total.  I think they were close to $50 regularly a piece.

At this point, I feel that I am well prepared! Now I just want it over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment