Sunday, March 16, 2014

Breast Augmentation Post-Op Days 4 and 5

The jist of the past two days have been continued nausea and feeling extremely bloated.  I have figured out that it's possibly the antibiotics that make me nauseous.  I take them twice a day and it seems that when I take them, that's when I get very nauseous afterwards whether I eat or not.  The good thing is that I will only be on the antibiotics a few more days.  What has really helped with the nausea is ginger ale and believe it or not, kettle cooked Lays salt and vinegar chips.  A few of those seem to settle my stomach faster than the saltines.  I also have to lay down and possibly take a nap when the nausea hits.

I was very puzzled when I was watching you tube videos of the skinny big boobed girls talking about how bloated they felt.  I would look at them and think to myself "girl get yo life with your skinny self".  I was like how do they think they look bloated when they still look quite thin to me.  Well now I feel their pain.  I feel that my stomach looks six months preggers again.  It is definitely due to the constipation.  I was warned about it, and it is real!  I put miralax in my smoothie yesterday morning, but it did nothing.  I even tried a stool softner (sorry for the TMI) this evening, but again nothing.  I am going to resort to a laxative tea to take in the morning.  I may invest in some fiber gummies to continue to take to get things back regulated.

I have been sleeping just fine from day one!  The ambien really works good. I usually take it between 8 and 9pm and fall asleep within the hour.  I have faithfully awaken around 4 am every morning.  I text my deployed husband and take naps until it's time for me to get on up.  I am still sleeping sitting up.  Last night I moved to my bed instead of the recliner.  I have a pillow that is easy to sit up on, my body pillow, and I surrounded myself with a lot of other pillows.  I slept more comfortable than I thought.  Maybe it was just the ambien.

The past two days I have tried to do more for myself since my babysitter/friend was going back home today.  I will be going back to work on Tuesday anyway, so I needed to start doing more on my own.  I was able to do light housework (very light) and more for the kids.  I even drove a short distance yesterday.  We ended up going to the dollar movie not far from our home and to Wal-mart afterwards so that I could get another front closure bra.  I took the 34 bra back and got a 36 and it fits better.  Driving wasn't a problem due to me not driving far and being very careful about making quick movements and turns.  I also drove today on post to the commissary.  Tomorrow is my post-op appointment and I can find out when I can actually drive, and how I am healing.

As far as the implants, I am still not in any pain.  I did wake up at 4 am in a little pain due to my boobs swelling.  That is normal and they will continue to do that.  I put ice packs on them and it relieved the pain immediately.  I also took a dose of motrin.  I was able to take a shower and get dressed without help today and that went fine.  I changed the dressing myself and looked at the incision.  Still no bleeding, which I constantly check for.  Everything seems to be doing good and I hope that continues.

The question of the day is still "What size are you?".  Now I get, "Do you like them?" a lot as well.  I will not know what size they are for awhile.  Maybe a few weeks or months.  I am wearing large sports bras mostly due to the swelling and they seem to be more comfortable.  I have also noticed that my zip up bra is more comfortable to sleep in at night.  I am still wearing a small in shirts and tank tops.  Yesterday I actually put on a shirt that is a medium and my friend came over to get my daughter and told me it looked too big on me! It's true that most of your clothes size don't change, you just look better in them!   As far as if I like them or not, well they just look really funny and weird right now!  They do look nice in my sports bras and in fitted shirts.  I do not like them naked at this point.  They really do look like torpedoes.  They haven't dropped much so they still sit very high up.  I heard girls talk about having the post-op Depression, and is wondering if it will hit me.  I did have a thought today, "What in the world did I do?" I'm still in awe that I actually went through with this, but is happy every time I get dressed, even if its just to put on pjs around the house.  I also did feel so bloated that I was thinking I can't wait until I can workout again.

All in all I am doing great and just continue to pray for great healing!

Haha...I'm still thinking of a name for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment