Sunday, March 30, 2014

Breast Augmentation 3 Weeks Post-Op

I will be 3 weeks post op on Tuesday.  A lot has happened and not happened since my last post.  The biggest happening is that my Hubby came home last Tuesday.  Last Tuesday was my 2nd original scheduled date for my surgery.  I am so glad that I changed the date because as I predicted, Hubby came home the day of my surgery date...if I had kept it.  See that's the thinking of a seasoned Army wife.  I know how the Army time works!  One of the biggest question is well how does Hubby like them?  Well, they are still quite high up and a bit funny looking (to me), but he thinks they are perfect for my body shape and look great on me.  Everyone that has known me forever agree that they look natural on my body like I have always had them!

I stopped taking the pain meds and ambien about a week to a week and half post op.  After stopping the Ambien I did have a little trouble staying asleep due to me still sleeping sitting up.  I have not had any pain that warrant needing a pain killer.  The girls don't really feel heavy anymore, and I don't necessarily always feel the implant.  I can feel them swelling at times and like I have said before, it feels like engorgement when breastfeeding.  I can feel the implant moving only when I'm sleeping at night and try to get up from lying down.

That brings me to sleeping.  I have continued to sleep sitting up surrounded by pillows until a few days ago.  Now I am able to sleep flat on my back but with a very fat pillow to elevate my head.  I like to sleep with a pillow on my side to tilt my body to the side slightly.  I have always been a side sleeper so I'm trying to ease my way into side sleeping again.  Sleeping on my back is the most comfortable for me right now, but it does hurt my butt and back.  I think I am just getting used to it.  

Next up is bras!  I have found that I prefer to sleep in my zip up (large) sports bra.  I love them so much that I had my mom buy me two more and send them to me!  During the day I wear sports bras with the thinner straps mostly.  Recently I found two more unpadded, no wire bras that my doctor told me that I can wear at this point.  I got them from Wal-mart for around $12-14.  They are comfortable to wear during the day.  I also got those in a large.  

My incision is closed up and healing, but I made a mistake in continuing to use the neosporin for too long.  After using it for too long, I actually developed a rash around the incision.  I thought I needed the neosporin because I was very itchy.  I didn't realize that it was the neosporin that was making me itchy.  I soon figured this out remembering what my PS had told me in the beginning about using the neosporin, and quickly stopped using it.  The area is already clearing up.  

There are some days that I am itching to exercise, but others where I am thankful for the break.  Today was the first day that I went on a short walk with my family.  I pretended to run to see if my girls would bounce and sure enough I think they will.  I am going to have to wear extra good sports bras when exercising now.  Before it really didn't matter what kind of bra I had on, my girls weren't big enough to move around.  

All in all, the girls and I are adjusting to each other!  I am still very cautious and careful with them.  I still make sure to not do any quick movements.  I am still not doing too much lifting or stretching either.  Hubby and I always make the joke that we invested a lot of money in these girls, so we have to protect our investment!  


2 comments:

  1. I’m sorry to hear about those painful experiences you had because of breast augmentation surgery. It seems that the change in your body requires so much adjustment to your entire daily routine. That being said, I hope you have fully recovered from it by now, and that there were no further issues along the way. Anyway, thank you for sharing your thoughts. More power to you!

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. https://www.surgeongate.org

    ReplyDelete