Thursday, December 19, 2013

OOTD: 1 Dress 2 Styles

If there is one thing that I am learning about becoming a fashionista, it is to buy pieces that can be recycled with many other pieces in your closet.  I love pieces that I can wear in a variety of ways without ever having to go back to the store or spending more money.

A few weeks ago I needed a new dress to wear to see the Nutcracker with my family.  I found a cute greenish dress at the PX (post exchange-military store).  Below is how I styled it in a more traditional way.

Dress: PX $25
Tights:  (very old)
Ankle Booties:  Rack Room (years ago)
Neckalace:  Forever 21 (years ago)
Flower in hair:  Present from My Auntie Sis

That same weekend, Black Friday to be exact, I ventured (at a normal hour) into Famous Footwear to find my son some shoes and got suckered into buy one get one half off.  I have a wishlist of fall/winter must have items and combact boots were one of them.  I tried on a few flat boots that I have been looking for, but I didn't LOVE any of them.  I finally stumbled (yes I probably did trip over my own huge feet) upon these beauties below.




Dark Brown Combact Boots: Famous Footwear $50

Once I got the boots I hit up Pinterest to find style ideas with the boots and saw a lot of very feminine dresses paired with the boots.  I loved this idea.  It matches my personality perfectly!  I am very much of a tomboy with a feminine side!  So here is what I came up with.




Added Pieces:
Scarf: Amazon less than $10


I absolutely love this outfit with the combact boots. It adds a bit of edginess to a cutesy dress.  I felt pretty and powerful all in one!

No comments:

Post a Comment