Tuesday, December 24, 2013

DIY Deep Conditioner Using Nutribullet

The key to having healthy hair is deep conditioning!!!!!!!  All hair types need to be deep conditioned regularly.  I usually give my lion's mane some good TLC every weekend and Gracee's twice a month.  When newly coloring my hair I deep condition 2-3 times a week for a few months.  Why is it so important you ask?  Well deep conditioning helps to repair damaged hair, prevent hair from getting damaged, add moisture, give your hair LIFE, etc just to name a few.

Deep conditioning is also quite easy.  Being the Queen of "Ain't nobody got time for that" it has to be easy for me.  It can be done at any point in your hair regiment, meaning before shampooing or co-washing, afterwards, or in between.  I of course don't have time for all that in and out the shower shenanigans, so I always deep condition mine and Gracee's hair before co-washing (on dry hair).  I have not seen a significant difference in doing it afterwards or in between co-washing.



Well what do you use to deep condition?  You can use any conditioner or hair masque.  I love to use Tresemme Naturals conditioner to co-wash with and as a deep conditioner.  I am also quite fond of Giovanni's conditioners to deep condition with.  There are a number of products out there just for deep conditioning as well.  My favorite is Shea Moisture African Black Purification Masque.  Lately I have been trying out Carol's Daughter's products.  My absolute favorite is making my own!  Below I will show you what I used to give mine and Gracee's hair some serious TLC!








So I started with the items below.  I also added Extra Virgin Olive Oil (not pictured).  You can use whatever oil you like or leave it out.


Products Listed:
Raw Honey
Ripe Banana
Greek Yogurt
Avocado
Coconut Milk

I don't measure ingredients...I'm all about "eyeballing it".  So I just measured what I wanted in my tall nutribullet cup.  Put all ingredients in and blend until smooth.


Next I spoon the mixture in a bowl to apply to our hair.  I section our hair (this time into two) and start applying the mixture to our scalp and work my way down.  I focus more on the ends because the ends are your oldest hair and need more love and attention.  Then I twist the hair into little buns and place on usually a plastic grocery bag, but for you guys we will be classy and use our Sally's plastic caps.














I let Gracee's hair deep condition for 15-30 minutes.  I let mine deep condition for 30-60 minutes.  Next I just rinse it out thoroughly and co-wash with Tresemme Naturals.














After co-washing I apply an oil mixture (olive oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, and tea tree oil) to my scalp by just massaging it in.  Then I finger my shea butter mixture and my Shea Moisture African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner throughout my hair...and it was murder she wrote!














This time I finished my hair by putting it in my new favorite protective style, two pinned french braids.  I use the same products in Gracee's hair but put hers in ponytails and braided them for a braid out.  Our hair ended up being soft, shiny, and easier to detangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment