Friday, December 6, 2013

Mommy and her Bikini Body



















It's the teeny weeny itty bitty yellow (pink) polka dot bikini...okay don't tell me I'm the only one that remembers that song from some weight loss commercial?  Anyway every since giving birth to my two kids, now almost 8 and 5 years old, I have avoided bikinis like the plague!  I would often look back on my fave pre-baby body in this white bikini posing in Mexico thinking that I would never look good in a bikini again! Well once you get to know me you will see that I have the mentality that if someone else can do it...I can too!  I have seen way too many fitsporations of mommies looking better than ever after having even more than four kids.  So I have no excuse!  April 2013 I went to Marshall's and purchase my first bikini since motherhood.  It was cute, cheap, and way too small!  I took a before pic in it to store away with double bolt locks never to show anyone!  I didn't think I would actually look decent in the bathing suit one day but figured it was cheap so it wouldn't be too much of a lost.


















When taking these pictures I would cringe.  I felt that I looked 6 months preggers.  I kept taking the pics in hopes to motivate myself to just do it!  So here is my struggle.  Like I mentioned, my kids are almost 8 and 5 years old and here I am just now really losing the rest of the baby weight.  It had nothing to do with lack of knowledge, but everything with STOP PUTTING CRAP INTO YOUR BODY!  I have always known all the right things to eat and exercises to do, and do them faithfully, but often sabbatoge myself.  I think we sometimes are afraid to change so take one step forward and three steps back.  This was a constant roller coaster with me for years.  There just comes a point where you get sick and tired of being at the amusement park!  It has to get old at some point right?


















There comes a point when you are just sick and tired of feeling and looking the same way and feeling horrible about it.  On the outside I didn't by any means think I was fat.  People would constantly tell me that I am small and didn't need to do anything to my body, but they didn't see me naked or these pictures.  I always would say that I know that I am not fat, but I do have some fat to lose.  Even small people can be out of shape.  So after being sick and tired of what I saw in the bathroom mirror when getting out the shower, I finally found my "ah-ha" moment.  My hubby was deploying and 9 months gave me a great timeline to focus on me (somewhat) and "just do it".  I have never had a timeline to push me before until then.  So I started to practice what I preached (and knew) and stuck with it.  Months later I didn't even notice a difference until I started to take more pictures and put them side by side.

Left: April 2013/Right: Dec 2013

Just last night I noticed the bikini still hanging in my closet.  I had forgotten about it for many months.  Looking at myself on the regular I didn't think I would look decent in the suit yet, but decided to give it a go anyway.  I took the pictures and sent them to my hubby who approved and to my sisterger (sister manager) who bullied me into posting the pictures and writing this blog on it.  And she even came up with the title (peer pressure).  

I do not know what weight I was in either picture.  Possibly 140's in the left one and 130's in the right one.  I try not to be a slave to the scale but try to rely more on how I feel, look, and how my clothes fit.  I do like to get that number every now and then to gauge where I am at, but do not obsess over it like I would in the past causing me more setbacks.  At this point I feel I look "alright" in the bikini in that I still have some work to do like toning.  I am happy that after posting this picture I got a lot of people tell me that it was motivating to them, and that's my main goal.  To motivate others to get their body back and where they want it to be.  It is possible, you have to just do it!  


Watch out now!  Hubby has a little over 90 days before he returns so that's my cute to kick this thing up into high gear!  Most experts will tell you that you can get great results in 12 weeks if you are focused and dedicated.  So I'm using this last bit of my timeline to eat cleaner and tighten it all up.  I am thankful that I started writing this blog to keep me motivated so that I can continue to motivate others! Team Bikini Body Mommies!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this post. As a mom of 1 with a could-be-pregnant tummy your transformation is amazing to see ! It just really gives me hope and pushes me to do better. I've been on a bad streak of poor eating for the past couple months and your post honestly pushed me to do better right this weekend. I didnt even feel the need to wait until Monday. Lol This blog is so great, pls, keep it up !!!

    ReplyDelete