Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thrifted Polka Dot OOTD



I am no one's fashionista.  In fact I often call myself a fake fashionista.  I waited until I got into my thirties to start to try to look like somebody everyday.  I think part of this is because I work around some very stylish ladies, and a ponytail, jeans, Timberlands, and t-shirt just won't cut it with my crew.  I have always been a tomboy and dressed like one.  Believe it or not, my hubby met me wearing full on  men's clothes, and he still asked for my number.  Over the years I have tried to dress better, and now with having my own little diva daughter, if I don't, she surely will let me know.  She is the miniature fashion police and checks me at the door with, "Mommy I know you not going out the house in that", "Really Mommy, you are going to the grocery store in Daddy's pjs", or "Mommy can't you just wear a dress sometimes".  Hey I like what I like and I like to be comfy which is usally in my hubby's pj bottoms and t-shirts.  I am also enjoying these days trying to be a fake fashionista.  How do I do it? Pinterest of course!  I pin outfits I like and recreate them when laying out my clothes for the next day.






















I found this polka dot beauty on pinterest a few months ago and loved the color contrasts.  Polka dots with mint green and grey! Wow I would have never thought of that on my own.  I did have the perfect outfit to recreate this though!






















Grey Sweater-My Mom

Navy Blue and White Polka Dot Top-Salvation Army $4

Blueish/Mint Greenish Skinnies-Target $30

Navy Blue Flats-Payless $16-20

Not bad for a tomboy!


No comments:

Post a Comment