Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Coffee Chocolate Protein Smoothie



If you have frequented my you tube channel "fitnaturalbelle", then you know that I'm in love with the Nutribullet.  I am constantly using it for EVERYTHING!  It's been highly requested that I post my recipes, so here goes.

This recipe is one that I created after trying to break away from drinking coffee every morning.  I wouldn't say that I was addicted to coffee, but I did love my 1 cup of Joe daily.  In trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle I resorted to having more green and protein smoothies, which gave me the energy I needed every morning.  So I didn't need to drink coffee daily.  There were still mornings where I missed the taste of coffee and decided to incorporate a shot of it in my pre-workout protein smoothie.  I could gain energy before a workout, and get the best of both worlds in one Nutribullet tall cup-coffee and chocolate!

Now if you have ever seen me post recipes on you tube, instagram, or facebook, you know that I pretty much "eyeball" it.  I am not one for exact measurements.  I just go with what I feel like, so here goes.

Ingredients:
1 scoop of Vanilla or Chocolate Protein (of your choice)
1 packet of Taster's Choice Single Serve French Vanilla Coffee (or instant coffee of your choice)
1/2 of a banana
Few cubes of ice
1/2 water
1/2 Light Chocolate Soy Milk (or low fat chocolate milk)

And if you are feeling really adventurous add a few frozen cherries!

Just add all ingredients in tall Nutribullet blender cup (or blender of your choice), but don't go over the Max line, and blend and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment