Friday, August 28, 2015

3 Lunchbox Ideas for Kids (No Sandwiches)

If you are loving my back to school lunch posts (and I hope you are), then today is your lucky day!  I have created more easy lunchbox options for kids.  Please refer to my previous posts on how I get myself organized to make this happen in an efficient manner in the mornings.  It's all about planning and preparing.  


It's hard enough for me to try to figure out what to put in my kids' lunchboxes every morning, and it's even harder when I can't give them both the same things.  They do not like the same things.  I try to give them similar things without having to think too much that early in the morning.  Pictured above is Gracee's lunch.  Sometimes I will break down and give them good old Chef Boyardee!  I use a small thermos to keep it warm in.  Paired with this is a cheese stick (Gracee does not like meat sticks), homemade fruit salad, and a kids' Odwalla bar.


Georgee does not like Chef Boyardee and will only eat the mac & cheese one.  He does like meat sticks, but does not like fruit salad.  He gets a cutie for his fruit.  


Another alternative to sandwiches or deli meat is mini pepperoni packs.  Georgee loves these and they are easy to throw in his lunchbox.  No prepping needed.


Gracee actually really likes the spaghetti and meatballs Chef Boyardee and will often request it.  I added raw broccoli, grapes, and a squeezable Greek yogurt.  One of these sides she can choose for a classroom snack.  

Over the next few weeks I will continue to post new ideas so that you can have at list of options to add to your kids' lunchboxes.  Don't forget to add in a cute little drawing or note.  They may not show it, but they do love that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment