Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday: Lettuce Wraps for Weight Loss


Lately my dinner BFF is lettuce wraps.  They are healthy, light, and totally adaptable to whatever you want them to be!  They can be gluten free, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, no carb, etc!  You can't get a better dinner than that!  Honestly I make them a lot because my hubby and kids are eating homemade tacos and in me trying to be good, I try to do without the nachos and tortillas!  Even though I am missing out a little, in the moment I am completely fine with it because these are so delicious.

The lettuce wraps shown above are my version of buffalo tacos from dinner one night.
Ingredients:
Romaine Lettuce
Buffalo Chicken (shredded chicken/hot sauce)
Jalapenos
Bleu Cheese Crumbles
Shredded Carrots
Blackbeans
Red Onions
Homemade Guacamole (not shown)


Just last week we had tacos again and I used all the ingredients to make my lettuce wraps.  Again they were so good and filling and I didn't feel like I was missing out.
Ingredients:
Butter Lettuce
Cherry Tomatoes
Red Onions
Green Onions
Corn
Seasoned Ground Turkey
Shredded Carrots
Salsa
Lime Wedges
Homemade Guacamole


So am I the only Mom that gets super excited when her kids are excited about eating veggies?  This past Saturday my kids went to a free cooking class for kids at Williams-Sonoma (check your local store for details).  I was very pleased that the recipe was to make lettuce wraps.  The kids enjoyed learning how to make the wraps and even requested to make them at home.  Little Georgee (six years old) even had seconds and he acts like he is allergic to vegetables!  He asked for me to make him some in his lunchbox one day!  I was definitely over joyed! Triple fists pumps to Williams-Sonoma!

All in all lettuce wraps are great for the whole family.  You can easily adapt (tacos, burgers/sliders, buffalo chicken, tofu, etc.) them to whatever you have in mind to eat.  They are great to aide in weight loss because they are no carbs!  All you are eating is protein and lots of veggies, and those are some of the keys to weight loss!  Fill up on lots of lean protein and vegetables!

2 comments:

  1. Your wraps look really yummy. Going to try with butter lettuce. Kudos to your kids they look like they had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and yes the butter lettuce is really good. Also the kids really do enjoy making their own wraps!

      Delete