Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mother Daughter Maxi Dresses

Let me see if I can tip toe into this blog considering I have been MIA for months! I will apologize now so please forgive me.  I work full time, I'm an Army wife (that's a job within itself HOOAH!), and my two children are both in school with lots of homework and after school activities! It's amazing that I can remember to feed them or even have time to shower myself! Simmer down guys, my kids are well fed and I'm quite clean, but you get the point. I'm one busy lady! This blog is my intro into getting my mojo back so bare with me.

I am not the type of Mom to dress my kids alike, dress exactly alike as a family, or even dress myself and my daughter alike.  I mean it's awesome having a little mini me, but I never want to come off cheesy. Now if dressing alike floats your boat...keep sailing because it's cute, but not something I really got into before.

Now this is the moment where I eat crow, or on Father's Day morning (yes I know this post has been needing to be written forever ago) to be exact.  Gracee (my 8 year old) and I were getting dressed to take my husband out to a Mexican brunch for Father's Day (yes it was super delicious), when she decided to wear her maxi dress.  I thought this was ironic considering I had already ironed my maxi dress that was similar.  At first I thought about wearing something else, but decided, well this could be fun.  I just knew that my oppositional daughter would protest when she found out I would be wearing the same dress, but like me she thought it would be cute.  So this is what we came up with.


Gracee's dress is from Ross for around $10-14.  Her sandals are also from Ross.  Her jean jacket was gifted from my Mom.  In the picture below her sweater is from Old Navy (on sale), and her shoes are BOBs which were a gift from my Mother-In-Law.


My dress is from Forever 21 ($10). My sandals are from Famous Footwear ($20-30).  My jean jacket is super old...like way older than my daughter (college days). My shoes in the picture below are BOBs from Gordman's ($40).


So what do you think? Yay or Nay to dressing alike?

No comments:

Post a Comment